GYM ETIQUETTE AGREEMENT
Regulations for School Facility Use
Bow River Basketball only rents the gym portion of the facility where practices are held. All persons in attendance must stay in the gym there are to be no unattended children outside the gym.For the safety of all children, parents/guardians dropping off minors at a school should ensure that the school is open, and a coach or supervisor is present before departing. Groups must designate a person to act as an activity supervisor, who will be directly responsible for the safety and conduct of all the individuals in the group, and the group as a whole. Participants and spectators must be supervised at all times. Inappropriate behavior will be reported to The City of Calgary Bookings office. The group will be advised of the complaint and the complaint process. The Team using the gym is responsible for any damage to the facility during the booking.
- Please remember that we are guests in the schools and are ALLOWED TO USE ONLY THE GYM
- Outdoor shoes are not permitted in the gyms, this goes for all adults and children. Please take off your outside shoes and leave them at the entrance of the schoolParents must remain in the gym at all times and siblings not playing must be supervised and not be roaming the halls
- Entrance and exit doors are to remain closed and free of obstruction at all times. Do not prop any school doors open
- Entrance doors will be locked 15 minutes after the booking begins, and will remain locked until end of the booking. The group must monitor the doors to accommodate participants’ access, should late entry be required.
- The time booked on the permit should include set up and take down. When your permit end time is up, please leave the building promptly. Do not move into the hallways they are off limits. No meetings, loitering or playing is allowed in the hallways.
- Groups using gyms with adjustable hoops are responsible for returning the hoops to the original height at the end of the booking.
- Dribbling of basketballs is only allowed in the gyms.
- Hanging on the basketball rims, climbing on equipment, playing on the stage, etc. while in the gym is not allowed.
- Outdoor balls are strictly prohibited in school gyms.
Not permitted on facility property
- Do not put any tape down on the floors. Groups will be responsible for damage to school floors caused by taping, including the cost of repairs.
- Water only is permitted in the gym.
Any fines levied against Bow River Basketball due to the misuse of the facilities by any Team will be the responsibility of the Team who incurred them. All scheduled practice times for the offending Team will be discontinued until the fine has been paid.