Need Financial Assistance?
Do you need financial assistance for sport registration fees?
It is the goal of KidSport Calgary to provide positive sports opportunities to children and families that are in need or in low-income situations. KidSport Calgary strives to overcome the financial obstacles that prevent some young people from experiencing the positive impact of sport. Giving young people the opportunity to choose the sport that has the most value to them allows KidSport Calgary to promote a greater sense of belonging, personal involvement and improved self-esteem.
How to Apply:
Please access this website for the most up to date information and application: https://kidsportcanada.ca/alberta/calgary/
Steps to complete the application:
How to Apply:
Find a sport program your kid would like to join and sign up. Let the program’s administrators know you will be applying for KidSport funding.
- Click here to find your local KidSport Chapter, or see if you are covered by the provincial fund
- Apply online or use the paper application form - be sure to complete all sections of the application, as incomplete applications take much longer to process, and can cause delays in receiving your grant.
- Your completed application will be processed within 30 days of being received. If you qualify for KidSport funding, the grant will be sent directly to the sport program your kid has signed up for.
- Your application form for financial assistance must be received by KidSport before AUGUST 1, 2023 in order to have a spot held for your child while they are processing your application.
KidSport Calgary & Area
3555 52nd Street SE
How to Apply:
- It is recommended that applications be submitted prior to the program start date. Applications submitted where the program has concluded will not be reviewed.
- Applications must include proof of financial need. A clear, legible, and current copy of pages 1 and 2 of your Canada Child Benefit (Statement) will be required as proof of need.
- Under exceptional circumstances (e.g., recent immigrants to Canada, individuals fleeing spousal abuse, etc.) alternative confirmation of eligibility will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- Your application may take 6-8 weeks to be processed. Please take this into consideration when submitting your application.
- Funding is up to $300 per activity, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands.
- Children can be funded for successive seasons in an activity, up to a maximum of $300 per activity.
- The annual maximum amount a child is eligible to receive is up to $600, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands.
- All approvals will be determined by the local Jumpstart Chapter and designated Canadian Tire Jumpstart Regional Manager, and are subject to local demands and Chapter budgets.
- Cheques are made payable to the service organization, identified as the “payee” in the application. A payee can be a local hockey association, gymnastics club, etc., that coordinates the sports or physical activity on behalf of the qualifying youth/child.